September 22, 2022
Part-time Administrative Assistant Position Announcement
The Lloyd A. Fry Foundation seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide general office and administrative support to the President and program staff.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and receive calls; provide assistance accordingly, take messages, or transfer to appropriate party.
- Oversee the Foundation’s general email accounts and route emails to appropriate parties as needed.
- Maintain the office’s shared spaces; ensure that reception, kitchen, library, conference and workroom spaces are organized and stocked with supplies as needed.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail; distribute mail to the appropriate parties, track subscriptions and coordinate delivery of packages.
- Process invoices for payment; prepare expense reports for President and Program Officers.
- Maintain office calendars with board meetings, grant cycle dates, holidays, etc.
- Provide support to President and Program Officers with managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, memorandum, reports, and forms as requested, utilizing Microsoft Suite, Adobe and other software.
- Assist with administrative aspects of grants management, including logging in letters of inquiry, processing grants and sending declination letters.
- Assist in the planning of special events including annual holiday party, quarterly board meetings, and other office events: manage invitations, RSVPs, space set-up/clean-up, organize food orders, coordinate logistics, etc.
- Assist with administrative aspects of preparing the quarterly board books: order book supplies, create tabs, print labels, archive board books once completed, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required
- One (1) year of related experience desired
- Proficient in MS Office, with particular emphasis on Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Ability to work well with all styles and personalities
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn related computer programs
The Administrative Assistant will be a part-time employee of the Foundation—working 18 hours per week, six hours per day from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.—with competitive compensation. This position will require in-office work two days a week (Tuesdays required), with one day to work from home. Benefits include vacation and sick leave. Health insurance is not included. The Administrative Assistant will report to the President. The Foundation seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a highly diverse pool of candidates.
- Pay Range: $18 - $20/hr commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter that articulates how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities and requirements noted above via email to:
Subject line should read:
Applicant’s Name Administrative Assistant