October 5, 2020
Lloyd A. Fry Foundation Announces Open Program Assistant Position
The Lloyd A. Fry Foundation seeks a full-time Program Assistant to provide grants management and administrative support to the President and program staff.
• Serve as point of first contact with grantees. Answer phone, triage email inquiries, sort mail
• Manage the grants database, which includes coding pending proposals, maintaining proposal and grant records, running customized reports, and verifying data
• Process all proposals from receipt to grant closure. Process includes logging proposals, verifying tax status, and preparing proposal packets for officer review
• Manage grantee reporting requirements and compliance
• Prepare and distribute board books
• Review invoices and manage vendor relationships
• Report to Program Officers, provide administrative support, including drafting correspondence, managing calendars, making appointments and travel arrangements
• Coordinate logistics for meetings: manage invitations, RSVPS, set-up and clean-up rooms and meals, produce materials, handle A/V needs, etc.
• Develop Excel spreadsheets and charts for analyses and presentations
• Post updates to website
• Maintain files, office equipment, vendor relationships, troubleshoot IT issues, order office supplies
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and other educational programs when directed
• Maintain confidentiality of all grant related information
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
• This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is accessible.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and fax machines. It also involves clearing dishes from tables and loading a dishwasher. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and read a computer monitor. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds
• This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday
• Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
• Bachelor’s degree desirable
• Minimum of three years of administrative office experience required
• Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Previous experience working with databases: data entry, running customized queries and producing customized reports
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Needs to be very comfortable and enjoy working with data, numbers, and charts
• Exceptionally detail oriented and meticulous, with strong analytical and reasoning ability.
• Salary is in the $35,000-$50,000 range, based on experience. Excellent employee benefits include 3 weeks of vacation, paid sick days and employer-paid health insurance (85% of the premium). A 403B retirement plan is available.
• Interested applicants should email a cover letter articulating how their skills and experience meet the responsibilities noted above, salary requirement, and a resume to Joel Nemirow, Executive Recruiter at CMC Consultants, at .
Subject line should read: Your Name Program Assistant
• No phone calls please
• The Foundation seeks to fill this position as soon as possible and will work actively to build a highly diverse pool of candidates